Saturday, February 16, 2008

Max: This place doesn't suit my lifestyle.
Christine: No max, it is your lifestyle that doesn't suit this place.

Place: A beautiful villa in the middle of a vineyard.
Country: France
Max: A banker
Christine: A beau.

mmmm.......
How many days we live in a place thinking that it suits us best,
living a lifestyle that is not us....
when our heart lies elsewhere.
All I want to do is open a small library and lend books...... not sell :)
I think that suits me.
i think that's me...

3 comments:

Reflections said...

Gosh preeti, u just echoed my all time favourite desire.....to open a library & LEND books.

with this thought in mind i started collecting books from the time i was in college. i had a collection of 600 books by the time i got married. AND THEN...

they lay on my book shelf unused as i travelled across the sea to join my husband.

after 2 yrs my father packed them in2 cartons & dumped them in the garage coz it was simply taking up useful space.

last december when i went on vacation they told me that they were going 2 give away the books to a kabadiwalllah(???).

last friday my mom gleefully told me that they sold the books for rs2000 to a roadside book seller. only i know (& now u know)about the tears which stung my eyes.

Reflections said...

had to add 1 more line to the comment on top.
the only consolation was that my books were sold to a book seller & not a kabadiwallah.

Preethi said...

Wow! That's a co incidence :)
600?? man! that's a huge collection!
You shud've convinced ur parents to keep them for you dear....
All sold! It really does hurt.
when i relocated to the US i made sure i brought most of my collection with me. But that's just a little over 200. Can't be myself without my books around me.
But you know what, these dreams and wishes have a way of materializing itself. You cud start your collection again now. :)